Friday, September 9, 2011

*my writing practices for TOEFL _ NO 5*

In continuation of the previous post, I write another of my writing practices:

Writing Practice NO 5:

Subject: What advice would you give to someone who is just beginning the study of English language? Give reasons and examples to support your response.

I recommend to endeavor hard and being in hopeful mood to learn English. I recommend someone who is beginning the study of English language that focus on grammar and after grammar, focus on listening and writing. Grammar is very very important and is the hardest part of learning English (and also each language), however I think that’s not very hard as much as nobody can learn it.

These days there are many different and useful tools and methods to learn English that I recommend to use each thing that is useful and suitable, and also accessible for you, such as different English story books, different English websites and English online tests and exams that they are often free. Also these days social networks and blogging are very common, so connect with other English learners in the world and share your knowledge with them…

For learning English word, I recommend to use Flash cards and Picture Dictionaries to memorize words better and faster. Flash card is very terrific and useful tool that I have seen to memorize English words with their meanings as quickly as possible. Also you can make these flash cards with surplus papers in your notebooks and in your home. I myself, brought surplus papers and divide them to smaller parts, then I wrote the English word with its pronunciation and also type of word (Verb, Noun, Adverb or adjective or …) in one side and write its meaning in Persian in another side.

Although bilingual dictionaries are very useful, but you should habit to use English to English dictionaries because sometimes you need to know explanation of a word in English and perhaps that word doesn’t have an exact equivalent in your language.

And also I warn not to try unreal and scam tools like “learn English in sleep” because that’s really junk and only empty your pocket! Learning English is hard and need practice but it’s not impossible. And please note that learning English these days is much easier than the past. So use new tools and methods and don’t become hopeless. Just try and practice, practice and practice!

If you do so, you will be successful. There is not any doubt in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment